Saturday, January 3, 2009

The Lighthouse


In the midst of the waves of life we can be of good cheer b/c the lighthouse still stands.
The storms cannot rage so strong that its power will knock it down, the waves cannot crash and cause it to crumble. The winds will not blow so hard that the lighthouse will fall. This light house is a sure foundation. He is the same yesterday, today and forever. He is not weakened over time for He is boundless. He does not erode for he is faithful. He will not shift for He is eternal! And it is in Him that we live, and we move and we have our being. Praise the Lord for this Promise. As a child I remember growning up hearing and singing a song and the chorus goes like this...
"So let the storms rage high, the dark clouds rise, they won’t worry me for I’m sheltered safe within the arms of God; He walks with me and naught of Earth can harm me, For I'm sheltered in the arms of God."
Our storms may be overwhelming but we must remember the words of the Psalmist..."When my heart is overwhelmed...lead me to the Rock that is Higher than I."

3 comments:

candacestone said...

this really encouraged me today :)thanks ;)

Jenn said...

Good stuff!

Sorry for not emailing you back the other day! I did add you to my blogroll though. Have a great one!

Anonymous said...

This blessed and encouraged me Brother Scottie. Praying you are finding yourself in the midst of God's richest blessings there in SC. By the way...I'm adding you to my blogroll list...believe my readers will enjoy reading your posts....God Bless Brother.