Monday, February 9, 2009

Chapter 1


Calling???
One of the most powerful statements in this chapter that jumped out at me was on page34. It says, "God was choosing Paul for service not based on his ability at that moment. Rather, God called him on the recognition of his potential...what he could be and would be with God's help."
I love this statement.
I am also thankful that God see us not only for what we are but also for what we are going to be. I was just a 14 year old boy when I accepted my calling into ministry. Heaven knows that I was not ready for ministry then but I was ready, at 14, to give my life to the Lord so that he could begin a LONG process of making me. Even today some, 16yrs later, I realize more and more that ministry and life are not events but is a process that will mold me for my destiny in Him. If God is calling you then answer. He is not wanting to make it all happen right now, he just wants to start the process!

No comments: