Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Destiny


I have been chewing on this subject recently. Most of my life I assumed that destiny was a place or a position for Scottie Hager. Destiny was a place I would go in life or a position that I would hold in life. As I have been chewing on this I feel as if my heart is changing.
Destiny is not a place or a position but is a place and a position in Christ. According to scripture "It is in Him that we LIVE and MOVE and HAVE OUR BEING!" If and when we as individuals find who we are in Christ then the rest of life just falls into place as He directs our steps. It is then and only then that we can live in the promise of God that says "no eye has seen, no ear has heard, and no mind can know what God has in store..." I am searching for my place in HIM. I want to live in the place where I can expect the unexpected!
If you read my blog then I ask you to please pray for me! I have a stirring in my Spirit that has really shaken me.

1 comment:

candacestone said...

I too have been pondering on this same thought....What is my Destiny and Purpose..? I was thinking this actually in the car and thought "HMM i should totally go get that rick warren book LOL" but God in me spoke to my heart and said quitely "I am your destiny/purpose!" WOW....That began a change in me because for so long just as you I felt that I had to be doing something out of this world amazing in ministry somewhere..But my view of ministry was warped by man's opinion of what ministry is....

My Destiny and Purpose is so simple yet so unbelievably out of this world amazing and beautiful...My Purpose is to Love God and Love others...WOW it is amazing how you feel when you figure (at least) that much out :) LOL