Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Here we go!!


I am not sure about this blogging stuff but I thought I would give it a try. I am not a man that is full of wisdom but I am rarely speechless!


I have been studying today for service tonight. I have been using the old book "He Chose the Nails" by Max Lacado and digging some awesome sermon material out of it. I am building my own sermons/teachings off of some of his ideas. But today I was reading and had a thought come to mind and I just put the book down!


Think on this...IN this life we all have had someone who "paved the way, cleared the path" for us. Be it on a job, in the church...somewhere along the way, someone walked the road we are on before we got there. Many pastors and members built the church that I pastor now, my parents paved the way for me into adulthood, etc... Somewhere someone did the same for everyone.
The path that Jesus took, from Pilate's Court to Calvary, (the Via Dolorosa) was the way that Christ whispers to us, I am clearing a path for you. If you need hope, healing, love, mercy, joy, or whatever...Christ has already cleared the path, paved the way and now all we have to do is walk in His footsteps and it (0ur miracle) can be found!. Just a thought! HE PAVED THE WAY!

5 comments:

Amy Elizabeth Robinson said...

yay! scottie's here! add me to your blogroll.

jason said...

Great post! I am so thankful for those who paved the way for me. I think it is so important that we pave the way for others in our lives. Not just being mentored, but mentoring.

Thanks Scott.

pam said...

Good thought!!
thanks for taking the time to share your revelation!

You are special in everyway!!

Queen Mother

Johnson said...

Welcome.

-Kelly (not Travis)

K E Alexander said...

Welcome to the blogosphere. Your blog looks great (beautiful pictures!) and your post really inspires me. I am so thankful for the fathers and mothers who've gone before. Guess that's the reason I'm so passionate about keeping the faith (but not necessarily guarding the turf!).