Monday, May 26, 2008

Memorial Day Weekend...


Yesterday, as I have done the past three years, I cancelled our evening service at church and we moved venues to Biggerstaff. Biggerstaff is a 5 acre lake front retreat area. We grilled hamburgers and hotdogs and our church people brought all of the trimmings! We had a huge turnout!! I am not sure of the exact number but I know that it was much larger than our normal pm service. The kids played ladder golf while some of the men tried their hand at horse shoes. Most all the teens and kids were swimming and fishing. One family (who manages a rafting company) brought some rafts and we played around in the boats. We brought the crowd together after dinner and had a 15 min. devotion and singing service. After the service...back to the water, games, swimming, etc. We had a great time. Our church loves the Lake Service.

Today we have taken it easy. We went to the lake and hung out with Melissa's family. Nolan went "Fwimming" and almosted "brownded" when he slipped in 2 foot of water. He was fine considering he had on a life jacket. His jacket has a back flap on it that flips a child on their back so they can float and also serves as a pillow for their head.

I have lost 15 lbs since last Friday on my new diet. I am excited on this new journey. I am getting ready to put down the laptop and grab my bicycle for a short ride. Please pray for me as I try to take care of myself!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

OK, Scottie ol' boy, tell us your diet plan!

Jenn said...

Congrats on the weight loss!!!

Johnson said...

Cute pics. Now how about you spell my name right after knowing me for 12 years... Kelly.

I gave you a shout out too. ;)

candacestone said...

hey scottie shane has a blog to it is shanestone.net not sure if you know it! i just finally started updating mine since i don't have a myspace anymore...i just had myspace LOL anyway, come check mine out and shane's too! melissa and nolan are precious! glad to hear you are doing good and i wish i could loss stinkin 15 lbs that fast LOL

Johnson said...

This is the blog police... it has been way too long since your last blog.

-Kelly

Amy Elizabeth Robinson said...

Love Nolan's hair in the pic. Congrats on the weight loss. You go buddy! And Amen to what the blog police said.