Saturday, July 12, 2008

Catch Up...

Youth Camp!!!

I am sorry it has been so long since I have posted but most of June and July are spent in Church of God Youth Camp for the Hager's!
I Love Youth Camp! I believe that Youth Camp is the greatest evangelistic arm that the Church of God has going! The spiritual statistics from youth camp are greater in number than all of the state evangelism team reports all year. This is not a slam on the evangelism department at all it is a boost for the ministry of CAMP. I was filled with the Holy Ghost, accepted the call into ministry and engaged to my wife all at SC Church of God Youth Camp! My youth camp memories are held close to my heart and are some of the best memories I have! The closest friend I have (My wife Melissa) is a youth camp relationship. Tray Brown, George Forrest, Bobby Forrest, Tonja S. West, Jessica Ashe, Josh Childers, Jamie and Diana Sharpe, Alison Standridge, Amy Elizabeth Harris Robinson, Shane and Candy Stone, Mike, Sandra, Ashley, Derek and Melissa Wooten, Eddie Hardee, Mark Daniel, Joe Grice, Neal Nolan, Neil Dubose, Al Sims and Chad Jordan are just a few names to mention that are life long friends that I found at Youth Camp! I loved the days of the pepsi wagon at the upper ballfield, the softball games played under the lights, the only mixed drink that the Church of God allows the "Suicide", when girls in culottes could drive a teenage boy into full hormonal explosion. (That was all the leg we could see back then) the chicken dance, the hokey pokey, the smell of East Tab, dorms without air conditioning, snow cones, the old white dorm on the hill (Hill Top for all of those who remember), guys raking the slats on the doors of hill top all day and night, no golf carts, the laughter, sneaking out and hiding under the chapel all night with the Griffis' kids and others, the services with Chuck Ramsey and others, Winning Mr. Youth Camp, best all around camper, and MARK MAULDIN! OH Youth Camp. My all time favorite memory is asking my wife to marry me during fun time of Mini Week seven years ago and all of the retired camp ground resident coming to fun time to watch. Oh the memories. I now am having the opprotunity to pastor people who were youth camp friends while growing up in camp! I love it!!! Kids lives are changed forever b/c of YOUTH CAMP...enough of that...If you want more camp memories just call and we can chat...

Campmeeting 2008...


Raymond Culpepper, Tommy Bates and Perry Stone in the evenings and Doug Small in the mornings. We had it all in SOUTH CAROLINA~~~ Great BIG shout out to our Overseer T. Propes on the line up! Best one in SC in YEARS. The music was good, the services were all awsome and catching up with friends was priceless!

Forth Of July was great. We had our parents and grandparents over and we grilled burgers, ate watermelon, and churned homeade ice cream. It is always great to be with the fam! Here is the latest pic of the fam. Enjoy!!!

5 comments:

Mom said...

Oh, my goodness, man, you have made me so homesick taking us back to THE DAYS. You are so right....there is nothing like Youth Camp! In my opinion too, it has been used by God as one of the greatest arms of ministry available to mankind. Praise God for Youth Camp! All of the names you mentioned make me homesick for SC. Wow...we love those people, and we love you, Scott. May God continue to bless you and your sweet family, use you for His glory, guide and direct you in His ways.

The Skelton Family said...

Scottie.. just checking in to see how things are going. Your little guy has grown so much! I was just thinking the other day... how wonderful it feels to be done with seminary! Glad to see that you and your family are doing well. Miss you-

Keep in touch
Big D

Amy Elizabeth Robinson said...

Nolan is so big and handsome! Glad to see you're back to bloggin'.

Amy Elizabeth Robinson said...

Sorry I thought the campmeeting one was a separate post. I read it first and wanted to comment on yalls pic and then I read the youth camp one. I LOVE YOUTH CAMP and miss it soooo much. I am so gonna work one next year. Too busy changing diapers this year. I loved your reminiscent list. I was so glad Ashley got to be around you some last week. She texted and called with lots of funnies about you. I told her how much crazy fun we had back in the day. She is somewhat my mini-me and I love it. :) Can we have a YC reunion and all get together and share our fams? Good, you get on that and I'll show up.

candacestone said...

WOW what a awesome blog about camp!!! so sweet!!! it is hard to believe that my hannah actually can go now :( we didn't let her this year b/c hayden was to little for me to leave that long and i am OF COURSE gonna be in her room HELLO LOL!!!